St. Philip's Parish Library is looking for teens to help out with library operations by checking in/shelving books and general tidying-up. We'll work for no more than an hour on Saturday evenings, either before or after Vespers depending on volunteers' schedules. If interested, please contact Fr. Noah or Mindi Popovich (mnpopovich AT gmail.com).
(Posted 19 Oct 2018)
Come to our Read-Aloud Kickoff on June 11!
- Borrow books from the St. Philip’s Library mobile cart. (Church books from your home library are also acceptable.)
- Read at home (or be read to), then complete and return a book review form when you finish your book or story.
- Receive a sticker for each book or story you read.
- Fill out your reading log.
- Come to the Celebration on Sunday, August 6, for special treats and surprises!
Registration Form: files/Miscellaneous-Docs/2017-Summer-Rdg.pdf (673kb)
Book Response for Readers: files/Miscellaneous-Docs/About-My-Book-2017.pdf (420kb)
Book Response for Non-Readers: files/Miscellaneous-Docs/I-Can-Listen-2017.pdf (288kb)
Turn in your registration and review sheets at the Summer Reading Station in the narthex!
The St. Philip’s Library provides books; magazines; and audio, video, & computer materials for the education of our parishioners. From the Bible to contemporary issues, from saints & fathers to food & travel. Music, iconography, culture, history, spirituality & children’s selections. There’s something for everyone! (Please remember that children under 5 must be closely supervised by an adult when in the library.) See Mindi Popovich for more information or to help with maintaining the library.
Click here for a suggested reading list for Lent.
The St. Philip's Library has been a source of information, inspiration, and pleasure for many of our parishioners. Are you one of them? Please note the following when making use of our library.
- Borrowing privileges are normally limited to pledging members of St. Philip's, though everyone is invited to peruse our collection on the premises.
- Fill out the card. Always enter your name and the date on the check-out card, and place it in the small box on the shelf.
- Reference. If an item is marked "Reference" or ''Library Use Only'' it may not be taken from the library.
- The borrowing period is three weeks. You may renew an item one time if you haven't finished it; see Chris Stavrou. You will receive an overdue reminder for items not returned within the borrowing period.
- Return books on the specially-marked shelf. Please do not reshelve checked-out items yourself.
- Damaged/Lost items. Items not returned within a reasonable time will be considered lost. The borrower will be asked to pay for replacement of lost or damaged items.
- Close parental supervision is requested for all children under six years of age.
- Please keep our library neat and clean. Reshelve books you do not check out; keep food and drink to a minimum.
- Donations of library materials are welcome. Please clearly mark donations as such, and sign your name, so we can make proper acknowledgment. You may place donations in the cloth box marked Donations.
- If you'd like to help with library operation, or have suggestions, please see Chris Stavrou.
We have over 1800 books and other materials available. Click one of the links below to see a list.
St Philip's Library by Author
St Philip's Library by Title
St Philip's Library by Category
as of 5/11/18